Search
The Inside Source for Hawaii Men's Basketball
Sponsored by:
Pacific Risk Solutions
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Chris Gaines dies of heart attack in Florida
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:43 pm 

Chris Gaines, the leading scorer in the history of the Hawaii basketball program, died of a heart attack on Saturday in Orlando, Fla.

Gaines played at Hawaii from 1986 to 1990 and amassed 1,734 points as a four-year starter. No player has come close to that record in the 20 years since it was set by Gaines.

He was recruited to Hawaii out of Iowa by Frank Arnold -- father of current Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold. Gaines was Iowa's "Mr Basketball" in 1986, and was thus one of the most hyped recruits in Hawaii basketball history.

Gaines has been living in Orlando in recent years, and was working in the real estate and security businesses.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Chris Gaines dies of heart attack in Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 am 

Belated Thanks, Dayton

Hope his family is doing o.k. (IF still struggling maybe a Gift Fund back from UH in Thanks for all those contributions CG made for UH ?)

When Chris first got here -- as one of our few True Freshman recruits -- and unusually high visibility to boot -- much like Reggie Carter -- he struggled i think with school (to me, normal, i did, too) -- and lost eligibility -- i offered/agreed to help hole him up (at the time i lived super close to campus) but he opted to sleep in the coaches' offices 'til he got back on the roles...

He's one we thought -- with his size, athleticism and shooting skills (similar to Carl English) "could" make it in the pros .... the one tenth of one percent ...

always a really good guy ...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Chris Gaines dies of heart attack in Florida
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:44 am 

Oh my God, so pity for him :( so awful news, I should say. bigpaperwriter.com will tell you about basketball history from the beggining to nowadays!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Chris Gaines dies of heart attack in Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:37 am 

Hi there everyone! What a helpful and informative introduction! I believe that you are about to continue your next adventure to revealing the truth! read more here http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/barack-obama-essay-the-44th-president, you will definitely find it detailed.

Offline Profile